At Loudoun & Galston Agricultural Association, we value your privacy and we are committed to protecting any personal data we may collect from you, in line with
our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which came in to effect in May 2018.
personal data do we collect?
- As members, we collect your name, address, telephone numbers and email address.
- As competitors, we collect your name, address, telephone number and email address.
From time to time we also take photographs of competitors and livestock for official publicity purposes.
- As a judge, we collect your name and address and publish these details on our
website and also in the show schedule.
How do we collect personal
We collect personal data:
- on membership
- on entry
How do we use personal
We use personal data to:
- maintain our
- keep members up
to date with details of meetings, social events, show information
- keep competitors
up to date regarding show information
Who do we
share personal data with?
- Your personal data will only be shared with other members for the purposes described above.
- The Secretary will either delete
your details if you do not go ahead with your membership or, with your permission, transfer your details to our mailing list so that we can keep you informed.
- Members details and mailing
lists are accessed only by the Committee members responsible for communication and publicity.
Press Releases are shared with the local press, Newmilns Show Facebook Page and Newmilns Show Website. Photographs and competitor names may be used in publicity
How do we store personal
- We keep membership data in the Newmilns Show outlook email account, which is password protected and is only accessed by the Secretary of the Show. The Secretary and
Treasurer also keep membership data in a document which is password protected. A copy of the membership list may be sent to OSCR (The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator) when requested by
- Requests for corrections or deletions are carried out promptly.
- We ask members/competitors to update their details on an annual basis
- Photographs on
the Newmilns Show Website and Facebook page are kept for archive purposes
What is the legal basis for storing this personal data?
- We seek
consent from members and competitors to use their data for the stated purposes and we retain records of this consent
What are my
You have the right to request
- any errors in
your personal details are corrected
- your personal details are erased
- your details
are removed from our mailing list
- you are provided with a copy of your personal details held by Loudoun & Galston Agricultural Association.
any changes to this statement?
will review this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect any changes to our practice or legal changes. We will inform you of any changes.
What about any questions or requests relating to
If you have any questions or would like us to update your information/change your preferences, please contact Loudoun & Galston Agricultural Association by email